Thermal Cut-Offs (Organic Thermal Element Type)
are used to prevent fires caused by abnormal heat
generation from circuits and other heat producing
electrical products. They are a non-resettable thermal
fuse which open electrical contacts when temperatures
exceed the specified level.
the ambient temperature rises to the functioning
temperature, the thermal element melts and the springs
move the contact away and open the circuit permanently.
home appliances and heating devices
• Coil-winding products and power supplies
• Office equipment and telecommunication devices
• Automobiles & other electronic components
Bends in leads should be at least 3mm from the body
of the TCO.
• Extreme caution must be used while soldering,
use a heatsink and avoid heating above Tf -24°C.
• The metal portion of the TCO is electrically
live and may require insulation.
• Do not use in liquids or poisonous gasses
such as sulfuric acid or nitrous oxide.
• Do not connect heater directly to the cutoff.
& cUL: E117626
VDE: 115369, 116219